Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wendell Rodricks on spotting Deepika Padukone

Deepika PadukoneWhen Deepika Padukone walked the ramp for designer Wendell Rodricks during the recently concluded edition of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW), the designer was all praises for the actress.

And why not? Wendell was the one to spot her years ago, and he told this to DT, adding that because of that introduction, he feels like a protective figure for her. He told us, " I'd seen a star quality in her and I knew she could me a model. More importantly, I have great respect for her parents. They are good friends of mine. I remember the first Delhi Fashion Week, she didn't make it to the list and she called me saying she didn't get a show. So I called a few people and maneuvered things around for her. So, I have always been a protective figure when it comes to her and I'm very proud of where she has reached. I'm very happy to see Deepika here again. I'd first seen Deepika in a mall and I'd told her that she should be a model. And her mom had said, 'don't give her these ideas'.but I'm so proud of her."

No comments: